Prev: Re: [OT] RE: New 'electrical active' Armour to defeat hand held anti- tank rounds Next: Re: Warfair

Re: Card initiative (Gauss rifles)

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:55:41 +0200
Subject: Re: Card initiative (Gauss rifles)

Flak Magnet wrote:

>So someone (Army or individual) who takes the increased chance of a
>tumor or something by using the equipment is *Supposed* to be more
>effective than someone who doesn't.  Being more effective than the
enemy
>is a good thing, because that limits their ability to put bullets into
>your body... and frankly I like my odds vs EM radiation induced brain
>cancer a lot better than the odds vs. flying lead.

Same here. And in a serious war situation (one where your home nation or

even species is threatened by destruction), I don't think that the
post-war
political fallout of fielding equipment that carried a small long-term
risk
for the survivors would be very big if that equipment helped ensuring
that
there were any survivors at all :-/

And yes, I agree about the army studies. Well, some of them anyway :-/

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: [OT] RE: New 'electrical active' Armour to defeat hand held anti- tank rounds Next: Re: Warfair