Prev: Re: How is that David Drake Project Coming? Next: RE: Terrain for space games

Terrain for space games

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 22:46:16 -0500
Subject: Terrain for space games

Just started working on terrain for full thrust (and other space games).

My asteroids are lava rocks (from garden nursery) mounted on some
aircraft
stands (hex shaped each side numbered 1 - 6) which are mounted on
another
stand (1.5 inch by 1.5 inch by 1/8 inch) for stability. Each stand is
numbered
so that (on seperate piece of paper) nasty things can be hidden (fighter

group on
SA-10641 side 2 for example). They seem to look good and the lava rock
is
light enough to mount at unusual angles.

Just started working on comet which is mounted on space ship stand (from
non GZG company) which I plan to put cotton on to simulate the tail. It
is not
yet finished so no comments.

I have purchased styrofoam balls to simulate planets but I have only got

to the
point of painting. I'm testing to see what I can use to paint them. Do
not use fixitive
as a base coat as it tends to desolve styrofoam but dullcoat seems to
work OK.

Prev: Re: How is that David Drake Project Coming? Next: RE: Terrain for space games