Prev: Terrain for space games Next: Re: FTJava (was: HTML Help (wasRe: New GZG Photo Gallery)

RE: Terrain for space games

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:58:09 +1000
Subject: RE: Terrain for space games

G'day,

All sounds cool.

> I have purchased styrofoam balls to simulate planets but I
> have only got to the point of painting. I'm testing to see
> what I can use to paint them. Do not use fixitive
> as a base coat as it tends to desolve styrofoam but dullcoat seems to
> work OK.

How big are these styrofoam balls?

One thing to keep an eye out (at toy stores) are the rubber balls made
look like the earth. As far as I can figure there's a small ball painted
like earth and this is then covered with clear rubber with white paint
twirled throw it for clouds. They look pretty good as earth-like planets
(a
well moulded one has recognisable continents for Earth, but you could
use
the less recognisable ones as generic earth-like planets). They're about
5cm
in diameter and even though they're solid they mount easily on flight
stands
etc. I picked ours up for $4 AU a piece... so you US guys should get
about
200 to the dollar ;P ;)

Cheers

Prev: Terrain for space games Next: Re: FTJava (was: HTML Help (wasRe: New GZG Photo Gallery)