Prev: Re: How is that David Drake Project Coming? Next: Terrain for space games

Re: How is that David Drake Project Coming?

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <siefertma@w...>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 22:19:20 -0500
Subject: Re: How is that David Drake Project Coming?

This is from the April edition of the David Drake Newsletter:

The miniature gaming book on Hammer's Slammers is on hold while John
Lambshead, who'll be writing the scenarios, deals with marine nematodes
(his
day job). John Treadaway, the modeler, is the third partner in the
project.
(Well, really, I'm the third partner--they're doing the work.) Two top
miniature companies, Old Crow and Ground Zero Games, have offered to
build
free models for the project to our specifications so long as they can
sell
the line to the public as 'approved by David Drake'. GZG has further
offered
to do spaceships for us and provide a license for their space war rules,
Full Thrust, on the same terms.

There's no money in this, but it's fun. It's also the way
communities--and
capitalism--are supposed to work. I'm pleased to be a part of it.