Prev: Re: [Campaign] Criteria Next: Re: Re: Mission Creep - Was Re: The new US Army APC the Stinger

Re: [Campaign] Criteria

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 20:00:58 +0200
Subject: Re: [Campaign] Criteria

> For FT campaigns, use Binhan's method to
> draw a hexagonal pattern of dots, but don't
> join them up! The dots become solar systems,
> or null points where ships would rest between
> jumps.

A nifty trick to handle 3-d movement with such maps is the one in the
old
Waddington's 4000AD game. The colour and size of the stars indicate
their
vertical position. Bright, big stardots are in the top layer, smaller,
darker dots lower down. That game has two levels, but I think the system
could handle up to 5 levels or so without too many problems.

Greetings

Prev: Re: [Campaign] Criteria Next: Re: Re: Mission Creep - Was Re: The new US Army APC the Stinger