Prev: Assaulting an IP Unit Next: Re: [Campaign] Criteria

Re: [Campaign] Criteria

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 10:41:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [Campaign] Criteria

--- Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:

> John, nothing is keeping you from designing a
> strategic (or
> operational, or grand strategic) campaign with
> reasonable assumptions.

However, any campaign system that tries to be all
things to all men is going to have difficulty doing
so.

And frankly, would also bore me senseless.  :)

> I agree that the non-Canon powers have a remarkable
> tendency to
> inflated the size of their fleets, but how about
> give us an example of
> the way it should be done?

Nope.  I like my NRE the way it is.  :)  Although I
will point out that I have relatively more cruisers
and destroyers per cap ship than some nonC nations I
could mention.

> description.	I
> imagine the NRE intelligence office just overlooked
> the SDNs... <g>

Nope.  We probably have an agent in each crew.	The
handful of those that exist are probably
a)Under direct control of the head of state,
b)watched by NI and NRE agents specifically tasked for
such,
c)Only rarely committed to battle because of the
threat posed by their loss.

> A couple caveats about that site, BTW--a) at least
> one design is
> slightly off (1 mass too much IIRC); and b) in the
> next three weeks
> I'm going to rebuild the site.  (No really, I am...I
> mean it this
> time...stop laughing....)

For the first time since when?	:)

John

Prev: Assaulting an IP Unit Next: Re: [Campaign] Criteria