Prev: CAMPAIGN MAPPING AND MOVEMENT Next: Re: [Campaign] Criteria

Re: [Campaign] Drawing Hexes & maps in general and playing.

From: "Christopher K Smith" <gravdrv@h...>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 10:58:50 -0500
Subject: Re: [Campaign] Drawing Hexes & maps in general and playing.

> I am amazed that no one has as yet mentioned the truly spectacular
> Cyberboard. This is a FREE utility designed for PBEM of home designed
or
> published board games. modules can also be found for FT DBM, BFG,
Warhammer,
> Bloodbowl and most proprietary board games. I have been using this
program
> for 2 years and have all my campaigns installed and most of my board
games
> and indeed several miniature games. I am isolated in game terms but
play
> campaign and table top games with players from many parts of the
world. If
> you have not yet seen this utility then go see it now. it changed my
gaming
> and revitalised the hobby for me. You can draw maps in square,
rectangular
> or hex form, import bitmap maps and counters, design your own maps and
> counters etc. etc When design is complete you can use the program and
it's
> graphic recording system to PBEM the game. I cannot recommend it more
> highly.
>
> You can get cyberboard here.
> http://cyberboard.brainiac.com/index.html

I heartily agree with the above. I am currently working on a game using
Cyberboard that could be used as a simple campaign system.    Each hex
is a
star system, and each system produces a certain number of resources.
All
the forces have a combat value that could be converted into a point
value.
If you don't want to generate a miniatures battle you can use the CRT to
resolve the combat.  I've got a rough prototype of it up on my website,
but
I am in the proces of changing the graphics and rules fairly
substantially.

Christopher K Smith
http://home.hiwaay.net/~gravdrv

Prev: CAMPAIGN MAPPING AND MOVEMENT Next: Re: [Campaign] Criteria