Prev: Re: Gorilla war Next: Re: [Campaign] Criteria

RE: [SG] Assaulting an IP force

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 14:13:31 -0400
Subject: RE: [SG] Assaulting an IP force

From: Thomas Barclay kaladorn@magma.ca
>IP is non-specific.

Except is specifically *not* hard cover or soft cover.
I also don't know that it would be all that easy to determine "IP or
not" (as opposed to "cover or not") IRL.

>It is far easier to assault a moving unit, an
unaware unit, a unit busy doing something else,
a suppressed unit, etc. than a ready, dug-in,
overwatching unit or worst of all, all three of
those. And the assaulting troops KNOW that.

I'm not disagreeing, I'm saying if the *usual* case is to attack troops
who are in cover/IP, then that would be the case in which there is no
modifier (other that the usual +2 or whatever it is).  If so, then
"attacking morons in the open" would only have a +1 (or possibly even a
+0)

Prev: Re: Gorilla war Next: Re: [Campaign] Criteria