Prev: Re: Chinook Down! Next: Re: Chinook Down!

Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:26:29 -0400
Subject: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

At 8:40 AM -0700 6/25/02, John Atkinson wrote:
>That's a topic that's too hot to discuss on a public
>list.	I'll go off on the subject off-list, but those
>who are pro-Japanese culture would probably send me
>mail bombs if I posted that here.

Forward them to me John. I spent enough time studying Japanese, their
history, and their culture to have a love/hate respect for the
culture.  Just like the US they have faults and blessings intermixed
in many ways. I think they have some concepts down better than we,
but others are just plain wrong.

Just as in the US, there aren't any easy answers to Japan's problems.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: Chinook Down! Next: Re: Chinook Down!