Prev: Re: DS2 vehicles vs. infantry Next: Re: TABLETOP DEBRIS

Re: Away with ye, foul Chits of Doom!

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:14:05 -0500
Subject: Re: Away with ye, foul Chits of Doom!

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:07:20 -0400, Indy <kochte@stsci.edu> wrote:

>Man, you're a big-spender!! I'm still trying to save my money. I go
>cheap. I visit a local construction site, or pull stuff out of gravel
>roadways for this.  :-)

Nah, just picky. I wanted a specific colour of rock to match Geo-Hex's
Cavernscape, to use as boulders. The only rocks I could find that fit
were
decorative rocks used in gardens and the like. Most folks frown on you
stealing these, though I was tempted when I saw some in a hotel in Baton
Rouge.

>>Plop a rock beside the
>> squad when it's activated, pull the rocks at the end of the turn.
Just make
>> sure the rocks are "noticable" with regard to the rest of the
terrain.

>Good point. I guess paint 'em, eh?

As above, mine are a particular colour: a light grey, almost white. They
stand
out, while still looking like rocks. Just as long as the marker rocks
are all
about the same colour and different from other rocks, it should work.

>Also, I don't know about your group, but my figs generally face the
>way they are going to be shooting, activated or no. To me, they'd look
>kinda silly all facing one direction (say, "north" where the enemy is
>located), except for the leader who is facing "south" after activation.

>But ymmv.  :-)

Nope, I agree with you. I find the same thing. I was only
brainstorming...

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: Re: DS2 vehicles vs. infantry Next: Re: TABLETOP DEBRIS