Prev: Re: Opinion - Respect = Re: [OT] Frog Bashing Next: Re: Many things

Re: [OT] Invading America

From: John Sowerby <sowerbyj@f...>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:15:19 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Invading America

<derekfulton@bigpond.com>
>wrote:
>
> >I'm of the opinion that the German Invasion would have been a
demonstration
> >rather than a war of conquest.
>
>No one seems to have commented on my message about Puerto Rico. That
was the
>first focal point of German Naval Operation Plan III at the turn of the
>century. They even went so far as to consider towing coastal defence
hulks
>across the ocean for use in holding Puerto Rico.

When would this have been in terms of season? North Sea and North
Atlantic
crossing would have played havoc in Winter, and the threat of hurricanes
in
the Central Atlantic would play havoc in Summer. None of these things
are
easy..
John S.

---

Prev: Re: Opinion - Respect = Re: [OT] Frog Bashing Next: Re: Many things