Prev: Re: Cola Wars Re: [FH] americas Next: Re: [OT] Invading America

Re: Opinion - Respect = Re: [OT] Frog Bashing

From: Kevin Walker <sage@c...>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 10:08:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Opinion - Respect = Re: [OT] Frog Bashing

>> OK, so the original intent was to conquer Canada.

That was one of three goals/concerns actually if I remember my history
correctly.

>> No problem.	Frankly, I'm glad we didn't--what would
>> we do with seven more states full of
>> pseudo-Minnessotans.

:)  Now wait a minute there...what's wrong with this?  :D   Oh...they
wouldn't be true Minneasotans - that's the problem.  BTW, I currently
reside in SE Minnesota for what it's worth.

>> On the other hand, the Brits intended to hang onto
>> their positions in the Ohio valley, which they didn't.
>>  And except for burning Washington DC (and I've been
>> there, I would pay to have the British burn it down
>> again) every one of their attacking into the US got
>> whacked and whacked good.

Wasn't most of their interest in the Ohio value with creating a Indian
territory - sort of a buffer zone to deal with US expansion past the
Ohio regions.  British border raiding was reasonably effective IIRC in
keeping the US forces off guard and if I recall correctly there was
quite a difference in population and armed forces sizes with the US have

the larger number (wasn't population about a 10:1 ratio?).

Kevin Walker

Prev: Re: Cola Wars Re: [FH] americas Next: Re: [OT] Invading America