Prev: Re: Earth Map Next: RE: [SG] Artillery

Re: [SG] Artillery

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 15:57:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SG] Artillery

--- Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:
> > Yeah.  They may be pretty bad at it, but they do
> love
> > it.
>
> Well, they can't be *that* bad.  A coalition of
> Egypt and Saudi took
> over the entire Middle East and North Africa,
> including Iran and Iraq,
> neither of which you'd expect to roll over without a
> fight.  Given
> that we're talking about 150 years in the future,
> they could be pretty
> tough.

Actually, given the depths of incompetence
demonstrated by Iran and Iraq in the past few decades,
tougher than _them_ doesn't mean much.

I've got some ideas for how this comes about that I'm
trying to get into coherent form.  I'll bounce them
off you when I'm done.

> > Of course, IFed artillery doctrine also
> centralizes
> > fireplans and holds authority to call for fire
> > somewhat above the platoon level.  This also makes
> for
> > lack of flexibility.
>
> Only in your universe, remember.

You're assuming a sudden ability to produce junior
officers worth something?  It's dubious to me, but
your universe is your univere.

John

Prev: Re: Earth Map Next: RE: [SG] Artillery