Prev: Re: Fighters options please Next: Re: Fighters options please

Re: [FT] Single-shot Fighter combat

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 12:55:26 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] Single-shot Fighter combat

>From: KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de (K.H.Ranitzsch)

>Sounds reasonable PSB-wise, just one missile load/energy charge big
enough
>to do serious damage to a ship.

That's what I thought too.

>Can't comment on the balance issue

The more I think about it, the more merit it has, although I don't know
if
it addresses the need to make SMALL numbers of fighters viable.  It
definitely curtails the locustiness of large swarms of fighters, and it
really cramps Soapbubbles, since if a carrier can't survive long enough
rearm its fighters, those fighters are useless against anything but
other
fighters.

3B^2

Prev: Re: Fighters options please Next: Re: Fighters options please