Prev: Re: [FT] Single-shot Fighter combat Next: RE: Fighters options please

Re: Fighters options please

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 20:56:14 +0100
Subject: Re: Fighters options please

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 12:40:19PM -0700, Brian Bilderback wrote:
>If the attack
>misses, the fighter does not expend it's attack, unless the roll was a
1,
>in which case no damage is done AND the fighters must still return to
>reload.

Problem with that last bit: does this mean that we have to keep track of
which fighters have expended their attacks and which haven't? One of the
great virtues of the fighter system is that a group has only the
following characteristics:

(1) type
(2) location
(3) screening status
(4) number remaining
(5) CEF remaining

If I have to keep track of which ones have an attack remaining and which
ones don't, that's going to slow things down a lot. I suggest that the
one attack is expended, whatever the die roll.

Prev: Re: [FT] Single-shot Fighter combat Next: RE: Fighters options please