Prev: Re: Re: Fighters Next: RE: Re: Fighters

Re: Re: Fighters

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 15:45:33 -0400
Subject: Re: Re: Fighters

wrote:
>>  >Now, here's a problem. If you change PDS so that it can take attack
all
>>  fighter squadrons against it, are you swinging the game too far the
other
>>  way? >20 PDS, for instance, costs 60 points and 20 mass. If 20
fighter
>>  squadrons attack, that's 20 times 20 attacks by the PDS. Bye bye
fighters.
>>  Wouldn't custom designed ships just pack on a whole bunch of PDS
this way
>>  and defeat fighters totally, just as lots of fighters defeat any
ship
>>  totally?
>>
>>  a) you can reduce the efficacy of PDS vs any single fighter (which
will
>>  help make small quantities of fighters *more* useful, which they
presently
>aren't) b) Assuming you fiddle with ADFC some, *every* ship will need
to have
>masses of PDS to be invulnerable.  If you put 20 mass of PDS on a DD or
CL,
>you're not going to have room for much else.
>
>I was thinking 10 PDSs, this should on average kill 8 fighters, but
since
>there are only 6 to a squadron it should remove most of the fighters.
>
>4,5, or  6 kills 1 fighter, no re-rolls?

Should be 4,5 kills 1, 6 kills 2 and has a re-roll.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: Re: Fighters Next: RE: Re: Fighters