Prev: Re: [SG] Evasive Driving [DS] Decoys Next: RE: Re: Fighters

RE: Re: Fighters

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 14:59:05 -0400
Subject: RE: Re: Fighters

From: Brian Bilderback bbilderback@hotmail.com
>This would be, IMO, a bad thing, since the designs are flawed according
most players, and using them as a benchmark ties the system more closely

into the background.

Well, there's a difference between "not optimized" and "not usable".
Brit ships in WW2 weren't optimized for combat but they still were
useful.

>[free to change rules to suit yourself] is also true of a game set in
the Tuffleyverse, and I see no reason to change the rules to suit that
specific setting.

That doesn't address tournaments, conventions, pickup games, or people
who like the background and/or don't like to tinker.

>One option that someone mentioned is to allow PDS and ADFC to defend
against multiple fighter groups.  I'm starting to warm to that idea.

Ah!  Okay, so would you just say "PDS as is, but applies to all inbound
attacks", or would you tweak anything?

Note that any changes need not be "standard", ie they could be just as
optional as Wave Guns.

Prev: Re: [SG] Evasive Driving [DS] Decoys Next: RE: Re: Fighters