Prev: [SG] Evasive Driving [DS] Decoys Next: RE: Re: Fighters

Re: [SG] Evasive Driving [DS] Decoys

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 11:51:44 -0700
Subject: Re: [SG] Evasive Driving [DS] Decoys

Tomb wrote:

>Logic:

is a wreath of pretty flowers, that smell bad.... (sorry, I've wanted to
do
that for AGES!)

>DS2 has "evading" for fast vehicles who use a lot of their movement to
>jink. This gives an extra defensive die. In yet another attempt to
>harmonize the rulesets (just like my porting of ADFC and PDS to SG and
>GMS/P and snipers to DS2), I'm thinking that there ought to be some
>similar option for vehicles in SG2 to drive evasively.

Makes sense.  I won't comment on your details as I don't play SG.

>[Question] Does the evading die apply in DS2 versus GMS?

Can't recall.

>I actually
>think it should,

I agree.

>though perhaps it should get a downshift one level as
>GMS are hard to dodge.

Dunno about that, I'm thinking that while the GMS is more manouverable,
it
also moves slower.  Definitely should be easier to juke a GMS than a
laser,
f'rinstance....

Still, a sharp turn or sudden breaking at the
>last minute could cause a GMS to hit at the wrong place, to strike a
>glancing blow, or in worst case to miss entirely. (Moreso with fast
>vehicles, but this distinction is lost in SG2).

And isn't that huge in DS compared to, say, reality.

>DS2 Decoys:
>
>How to port decoys to DS2? How to cost them? Ideas? (Or did I just miss
>them in the rulebook?)

Depends on what you mean by decoys.  In DS, there are rules for dummy
hidden
counters.  If you mean something like chaff or a "screamer" to draw fire

away from a specific vehicle, no, it doesn't exist, I'll be excited to
read
what you come up with. ;-)

Seriously, maybe that can be explained away under current rules as part
of
the ECM stat.  Otherwise, I haven't any ideas that don't become really
really complicated (just like me).

3B^2

Prev: [SG] Evasive Driving [DS] Decoys Next: RE: Re: Fighters