Prev: RE: [SG] Kra'Vak Hunting Family Next: RE: [SG] Kra'Vak Hunting Family

Re: [MERCS] Weapons available

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:56:40 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [MERCS] Weapons available

On 17-Apr-02 at 03:39, Beth.Fulton@csiro.au (Beth.Fulton@csiro.au)
wrote:
> G'day,
>
> > Mercenary units are not allowed weapons of mass
> > destruction or biologicals.
>
> While I understand the logic, would it be enforceable? Or is this
another
> facet of the "merc roster" that was being discussed a while back?

It's one of those, "depends on assumptions".  I'm assuming mercenaries
are licensed by governments.  A mercenary unit licensed by the big
4 would probably be under such a restriction.  I can't see the major
powers wanting weapons of mass destruction out from under government
control.

As for enforcement it would be simple, failure to follow your charter
would be punishable by anything from a fine up to loss of ticket
and confiscation of all equipment and prosecution of the top level
of officers _and_ everyone involved for conspiracy to use weapons
of mass destruction.  It would be possible to violate the law but
the penalties if an inspection caught the illegal weapons rather
severe.

As for a corporate mercenary company, as long as they kept it
well enough hidden they would probably do as they saw fit.

Prev: RE: [SG] Kra'Vak Hunting Family Next: RE: [SG] Kra'Vak Hunting Family