Prev: Re: [DS2] Defender/Attacker ratios and fixed defenses Next: Re: [DS] Monster Tanks - My beloved T-35

Re: [DS2] Defender/Attacker ratios and fixed defenses

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:03:24 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS2] Defender/Attacker ratios and fixed defenses

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 17:07:07 -0400, "Tomb" <tomb@dreammechanics.com>
wrote:

>Now, we've all heard the old saw about requiring 3:1 to attack a fixed
>defense.

As I allude to in my previous message, it's not quite that simple. 3:1
isn't a
ratio for fixed defense, it's for certain of success for the attacker.
1.5:1
is a certainty of success for the defender. Everything else is in the
middle.

Also, the ratio is that of combat power, not just numbers. A hasty
defense
gets less of a bonus to the defender than a prepared defense, for
instance.

As my previous message suggests, the 3:1 ratio is for a defender having
certain success and 1.5:1 giving them certain failure. Between those two
ratios is the ratio of "uncertainty". _That_ is where you want to be for
game.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: Re: [DS2] Defender/Attacker ratios and fixed defenses Next: Re: [DS] Monster Tanks - My beloved T-35