Prev: Re: DS3 points Next: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

Re: DS3 points and game balancing

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:52:11 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: DS3 points and game balancing

On  5-Apr-02 at 12:10, Tomb (tomb@dreammechanics.com) wrote:

> SG2 has one strongpoint: No points system. It FORCES you to balance by
> scenario, rather than balancing by a (possibly breakable) point
system.
> DS2 and FT leave illusions of balance. Sometimes they do result in
> balance (with a good point system, more often than not in a straight
up
> fight). So the point system isn't a bad thing really, as long as you
> keep in mind that it is a guideline and can sport artifactual issues
> that can really make some games that are strictly point (and not
> scenario) balanced un-fun.

So maybe we should do away with the point system and enhance the
capacity
system? :)  Leave scenarios for SG2 style scenarios.

I think I like this.

Size class 3 tech 1 has 9 capacity.
Size class 3 tech 2 has 12 capacity.
Size class 3 tech 3 has 15 capacity.
Size class 4 tech 4 has 18 capacity.

Make everything take capacity.	Say 1 capacity gets you 6 points
of armour to devide as you see fit.  1 capacity gets you 1 level
of stealth, 4 gets you two, 9 gets you 3, etc.

No points at all.  :)

Prev: Re: DS3 points Next: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)