Prev: RE: [DS] Points system Next: Re: DS3 points and game balancing

Re: DS3 points

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:44:22 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: DS3 points

On  5-Apr-02 at 11:50, Tomb (tomb@dreammechanics.com) wrote:

> [Tomb] I'd be happy if you can supply an argument based on IN GAME
> EFFECT that argues why it is necessary to account for vehicle size and
> equipment since only the SIGNATURE dice is considered in the game.

Ah choose your ground carefully.  You may argue only as long as you
don't use the point I can't address.  :)

I want to be able to travel to city X, game with player Y, and by
looking at the mini have a clue as to its' capabilities.  Your
plan does away with this.  It's excessively generic.

While DS and SG are generic there are assumptions made which, IMNSHO,
make it a good game.  They're designed around a David Drake,
Rick Shelly model of military fiction.	The fighting stays the same
we just have better technology.  If you try to account for the
skateboard that can take out a company that feeling is going to go
away and the games are going to become just another <yawn> who
can design the most munchkin of equipment.

When the discussion turns to "don't go there" it's time to start
looking "there".

Prev: RE: [DS] Points system Next: Re: DS3 points and game balancing