Prev: Re: [DS/SG] Quick survey Next: RE: [DS] Points system was [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire

Re: FT detachable base construction/installation

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 07:23:51 -0800
Subject: Re: FT detachable base construction/installation

On 4/2/02 10:54 PM, "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@magma.ca> wrote:

> Problems:
> 1) Squaring a hole in the bottom of the BB

I don't. I just has to be a round hole (drilled) such that the sqaure
bit
fits. The epoxy I use fills the rest.

> 2) Installation of brass outer collar

It goes on at the same time. The epoxy usually gets into the gap and
cements
it there. Otherwise, put it where it needs to got and then add a drop of
glue capillary action will do the rest.

> 3) Installation of brass stand into old GeoHex
> base. How do you gaurantee verticality and
> perpendicularity in both relevant axes?

I eyeball it. However, having two small perfect squares of plastic to
hold
next to it should ensure perpendicularity.

Prev: Re: [DS/SG] Quick survey Next: RE: [DS] Points system was [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire