Prev: Re: [DS/SG] Quick survey Next: Re: FT detachable base construction/installation

Re: [DS/SG] Quick survey

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 16:22:28 +0100
Subject: Re: [DS/SG] Quick survey

Germ wrote:

> Just a quick survey.
>
> What type and size of buildings do you use for:
>
> DS games

Most come out of my Modern and WW2 collections. Nothing bigger than
5-6cm along each side. I prefer larger buildings to be
in modular sections so that each bit can be destroyed individually.

> > SG 15mm games

Waaaay back when (about 1990) I built a huge collection of buildings and
scenery from artboard and plastic card for a display game - enough to
cover a 8x6 foot table. The largest building (which hasn't survived the
years) was about 80x50x30cm. Most were in the 20-30cm range, some a bit
smaller. There are a couple of pictures here
[http://www.maidstone-wargamers.org.uk/ShowGames/SciFi15/index.html]. I
have great intentions of taking more pics when my digital camera returns
from repair (they quoted 10 working days, so I don't expect I'll see it
for a month :-/)

> > SG 25mm games

At the moment we use 20mm (HO) scale scenery from our WW2 collections
(mostly Kibri and Faller model railway buildings), having no dedicated
25mm SF scenery.

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer

Prev: Re: [DS/SG] Quick survey Next: Re: FT detachable base construction/installation