Prev: Re: [SGII] The Eyes Have It. Next: RE: RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.

Re: Eyes have it

From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@v...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:59:03 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Eyes have it

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:43:19 -0500, "Tomb" <tomb@dreammechanics.com>
wrote :

> Mr. Crimmins,
>
> Eyes are for forces that can't afford visors or sunglasses or helmets.

> And everyone knows NAC forces use the dread Eyeball, Mark II whereas
> most other backward forces are stuck with the Eyeball, Mark I.

Whilst the Illuminati ground forces -- the dread Men In Black -- are
never seen without their dark glasses.	Even at night.

> I am thinking about painting eyes on using a similar method to what
> you've said, but trying this:
>
> 1) socket with darker flesh tone
> 2) white (cornea/iris? forget the name) with a brush or toothpick

I can't get the toothpick thing to work, despite attempts.  I just use a
20/0 brush these days.

> 3) after 2 has dried, black dot with fine tech pen
>
> Eyes are a pain. But they look good.
>
> And anyone who paints their 6mm figures with anything other than a
spray
> bomb should be dissected as a possible alien.....

I'll never forget the White Dwarf article that showed 6mm Space Marines
painted as Legion of the Damned minis.	Little tiny skeletons painted on
the
armor of these little tiny figures.  Darn near broke my mind.

--
John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: [SGII] The Eyes Have It. Next: RE: RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.