Prev: Re: Eyes have it Next: Re: Flesh Wash Paint

RE: RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:00:17 -0500
Subject: RE: RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.

From: Bell, Brian K (Contractor) Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil
>Stuart Murry just gave a painting seminar at GZGECC on painting figures
for
minatures wargaming (as opposed to contests).
>OTOH, he suggested if you wanted to paint the eyes, do the following
(IIRC):
>1. Paint and wash (with ink, not soap) miniature's face.
>2. Paint eye socket black or dark brown.
>3. Paint eye socket white (don't cover all of black).
>4. Paint iris/pupil.
>5. Paint orignal flesh color across top of eye as eyelid.

I happen to have the notes right here.	For 2 and 3 he said "oval"--you
wouldn't cover the whole socket.  Instead of painting the whole eye
while and spotting the iris, you can also just dab white for the
corners, which Stuart says is easier.  Either way, you paint the eyelid
afterwards.

He also said, "Eyes can look good on 28mm figs but are not so essential
on 20mm or 25mm.  If you paint eyes on 15mm or 6mm you are insane!"

For 15mm, when I go back and blackline the details, I'll use a bit on
the eyes to show the trooper squinting in the sun, but that's all.  I
haven't painted any 25mms that don't have full-face helmets yet.

Prev: Re: Eyes have it Next: Re: Flesh Wash Paint