Prev: re: Re: [DSII] infantry figures Next: RE: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs

RE: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 13:35:49 -0600
Subject: RE: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs

Indy wrote:
> Dean Gundberg has done a great job of designing cross-genre ships. He
> came out this way a few years ago and paid Noam and I a visit (with
> Nick Caldwell, too? or Dave Raynes...argh, I can't remember :-( ) and
> we played a fun cross-genre game using Star Trek, B5, Battlestar
> Galactica,
> and some other genre-specific ships against each other. Quite nicely
> balanced. And fun, too boot. I believe he has run the same at GenCon
in
> the past.

Thanks Indy.  Yeah, I do a Sci-Fi Crossover game at GenCon (I have
control
sheets up on my webpage).  I make sure I state at the beginning of the
game,
that these are my impressions of these ships also they are made to be
fun
when battling each other.  Others may disagree with what I did, but
you're
playing in my universe.

FYI, I made the Millenium Falcon smaller, well actually I called it the
Centennial Osprey or Epoch Hawk but it was the same ship ;-)
Super Heavy Fighter - Considered a fighter for targeting purposes,
resolve
damage as if it was a heavy fighter (screens) plus 2 points of damage
must
be caused to put it out of action.
It can fire at fighters twice per turn, normal beam dice.  It carries a
single shot missile weapon for attacking ships, resolve as a torpedo per
torpedo fighter rules.
Movement is 24" but it does not get a secondary move.
Endurance is unlimited (in game turns)

To compare, my Imperial Star Destroyers are Mass 300 (and the Super Star
Destroyer is 1400 in 7 200 mass sections)

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: re: Re: [DSII] infantry figures Next: RE: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs