Prev: GEV Tank Next: Re: painting SG figures question

The bundeswehr can't be wrong....

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 02:29:09 -0500
Subject: The bundeswehr can't be wrong....

David the cheeky said:
In fact, our MK II has almost the same
turret design as the Wiesel with the 20mm
autocannon. If the Bundeswehr can make
one, so can we, :p (insert one wet
raspberry).

[Tomb] Pardon David, but there is at least
one absolutely KEY difference between
your designs and those of the wiesel
pictured in the link from Karl (nice link). My
major complaint with your design (and, just
so no one things I'm slagging David or
DLD, I own 2 25mm civets, 6 25mm
Kamodos) is in the open fighting
compartment. The Wiesel has driver and
gunner under armour (or at least the driver
mostly.... the gunner might pop out the
top, I don't know). Your design features a
driver just begging to be slain by the first
second rate militiaman with an obsolete
AR. THAT is my main beef. Develop a Mk
III which is the Mark I or II only with an
armour plated driver compartment, and
we'll maybe do some more business. I'd
_like_ to see a viable 25mm rendition of
the British Scorpion (options for a 30mm
and a 76mm LPG or a missile system) as
an ARV. Light, fast tracked is fine for
Recce, but they should have armour for the
crew to stop small arms.

Tomb.
PS - David, I hope you can make ECC one
day.... Your stuff was in evidence in several
places and is likely to appear in a lot more
next year :)

Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

Corruptisima republica plurimae leges.
[The more corrupt a republic, the more laws.]
-- Tacitus

Prev: GEV Tank Next: Re: painting SG figures question