Prev: Re: painting SG figures question Next: The bundeswehr can't be wrong....

GEV Tank

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 02:16:29 -0500
Subject: GEV Tank

Nice Tank!

1) Rear jets/exhausts for thrust

2) The turret extents over the place where the
hull bends at the front.... thus creating a place
for air to catch and upthrust (smaller turret
would solve). Worse, this represents a shot trap
for round ricocheting off the sloped front
armour! This is not so good....

3) fantastic work. Wonder if we could get a
moulding of it when it is done? (like in resin, for
mass production?)

4)I'd have considered inclining the intakes on
the sides and louvering them to give some
chance to deflect incoming rounds.

It's a pretty good crack though. I'd avoid a lot
of surface clutter because a high speed GEV will
want as flat a hull as possible... no rivets. Panel
lines might be okay, and any "kit" should be
stored on the back of the turret to keep the
airflow over the hull smooth as possible -
turbulence isn't a great thing.

Tomb Raider
Inspired to get his ass in gear scratchbuilding
now too......
Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

Corruptisima republica plurimae leges.
[The more corrupt a republic, the more laws.]
-- Tacitus

Prev: Re: painting SG figures question Next: The bundeswehr can't be wrong....