Prev: Re: [SG-WW2] BAR Next: Re: IJN/UNSC technology

Re: Re: IJN/UNSC technology

From: <bob_eldridge@m...>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 10:34:30 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: IJN/UNSC technology

Looking at the beautiful model of the Musashi class dreadnought, I think
the Japanese need some sort of spinal mount weapon. The Beam-4 doesn't
have quite the right flavor to me, it seems to bulky and notsufficiently
powerful, while the Nova Cannon and Wave gun are too implausible and
cartoonish for my taste. The Kr'vak K-gun or the 'big beam" (I forget
what it's called) from Jon's B5W adaptation seem the closest to what I
have in mind. Has anyone adapted the B5 big beam to Fleet Book stats?
gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu wrote:

Does this include life support?

At 13:27 01/03/2002 -0800, you wrote:

Lurk
field off

Has anyone come up with weapon/technology
variants to give an alternative flavour to the IJN/UNSC ships over the
rest of the Big Boys?

The main variant for the IJN, that I would use,
would be the miniaturization of certain ship systems, at 1/2 mass - 3 x
cost.

Comments ideas?

Engage field

Dr PJD Lambshead

Head, Nematode Research Group

Department of Zoology

The Natural History Museum

London SW7 5BD, UK.

Tel +44 (0)20 7942 5032

Fax +44 (0)20 7942 5433

<A TARGET="Link" href="http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/home/lambshead.htm"
eudora="autourl">http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/home/lambshead.htm</A>

<A TARGET="Link" href="http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/nematode/index.html"
eudora="autourl">http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/nematode/index.html</A>

What a wonderful thing is the cat! on making it God said "That's
that!

Supurrnatural selection has brought us purrfection -

which is a great relief to Me after My earlier mistake with the
nematode worm

(Rowena Sommerville)

Prev: Re: [SG-WW2] BAR Next: Re: IJN/UNSC technology