Prev: Re: Re: IJN/UNSC technology Next: Re: IJN/UNSC technology

Re: IJN/UNSC technology

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 15:40:12 +0000
Subject: Re: IJN/UNSC technology

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 10:34:30AM -0500, bob_eldridge@mindspring.com
wrote:
>Looking at the beautiful model of the Musashi class dreadnought, I
think the Japanese need some sort of spinal mount weapon. The Beam-4
doesn't have quite the right flavor to me, it seems to bulky and
notsufficiently powerful, while the Nova Cannon and Wave gun are too
implausible and cartoonish for my taste. The Kr'vak K-gun or the 'big
beam" (I forget what it's called) from Jon's B5W adaptation seem the
closest to what I have in mind. Has anyone adapted the B5 big beam to
Fleet Book stats?

Your best bet there would be to look at Noam Izenberg's WDA:
http://homepage.mac.com/nizenberg/Weap-Def_Archive.htm

This contains most of the weapon ideas which have been thrown around the
list, with some notes on how balanced they look. As a short-term
solution, picking things out of there is probably the best bet.

As for _official_ UNSC and IJN stats, I believe that St^3 Jon is
planning to release another Fleet Book at some point, which would
certainly be likely to include such stats.

Roger

Prev: Re: Re: IJN/UNSC technology Next: Re: IJN/UNSC technology