Prev: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them... Next: Re: FT: Phalons & Ship classes

Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:48:28 +0100 (MET)
Subject: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

Tony Francis schrieb:
> Hmm, tricky problem - to the Germans, red means 'need
> reinforcement now'. Makes the situation interesting when
> Uberleutnent Schwarzkopf decides he needs some help and
> lets go the red smoke grenade ... not realising that,
> to the Russians, red means 'drop 203mm HE rounds here'.

The Russians would have to be pretty desperate to define such a signal.
After all, whoever throws that smoke grenade will get a good portion of
the incoming stuff.

But coloured smoke could be a signal from an airborne forward observer,
for example. Though more likely for American forces than Russians.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

PS. That would be Oberleutnant (1st Lieutenant) Schwarzkopf, not
Überleutnant ;-)

Prev: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them... Next: Re: FT: Phalons & Ship classes