Prev: FT: Phalons & Ship classes Next: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:45:47 +0000
Subject: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de wrote:

> Christopher Downes-Ward schrieb:
> > Flares have no nationality, you'd have to get both sides
> > to write down their predefined signals and compare them.
> > Two reds and a green might mean "Peform Fire Mission 2"
> > to the Russians and "Lift fire we've taken the objective" for the
> Germans.
>
> Right, though you usually can see where they come from (more or less).
> And you might want to dice for availability of the proper colour, or
> whether the sequence shot off is correct, or whether the observer is
> colour blind.
>
> It was a viable means of signalling, but it did have its problems, and
> some of them should appear in the game to make life interesting for
the
> gamers :-)

Hmm, tricky problem - to the Germans, red means 'need reinforcement
now'. Makes the situation interesting when Uberleutnent Schwarzkopf
decides he needs some help and lets go the red smoke grenade ... not
realising that, to the Russians, red means 'drop 203mm HE rounds here'.

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer
Kuju Entertainment

Prev: FT: Phalons & Ship classes Next: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...