Prev: RE: Planets Next: Re: Planets

RE: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers

From: John Lambshead <pjdl@n...>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:11:35 +0000
Subject: RE: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers

Jeremy Clarkson (English Xenophobe and columnist) recently wrote an
article
in the times listing Australian deadly species and suggesting that God
meant it as a zoological dustbin - then the English needed a large open
prison..............

There have been several interesting replies to the times - the sort that

start Dear Pommie Bastards before getting insultang.
John

At 00:18 24/02/2002 +1100, you wrote:
>G'day,
>
> > I was told earlier this week that the Sydney Funnelweb Spider
> > is only lethal to mammals.	It paralyses other species instead.
>
>Actually I thought it was deadliest for primates, whereas other mammals
>(e.g. cats/dogs) were relatively resistant. That's what's always
freaked me
>out... its in Australia and primates (i.e. humans in this case) weren't
>relatively recently... colossual fluke or nasty cosmic joke? ;)
>
>Beth

Dr PJD Lambshead
Head, Nematode Research Group
Department of Zoology
The Natural History Museum
London SW7 5BD, UK.
Tel +44 (0)20 7942 5032
Fax +44 (0)20 7942 5433
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/home/lambshead.htm
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/nematode/index.html

What a wonderful thing is the cat! on making it God said "That's that!
Supurrnatural selection has brought us purrfection -
which is a great relief to Me after My earlier mistake with the nematode
worm
(Rowena Sommerville)

Prev: RE: Planets Next: Re: Planets