Prev: Re: Planets Next: RE: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers

RE: Planets

From: John Lambshead <pjdl@n...>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:04:54 +0000
Subject: RE: Planets

Dear Beth
Absolutely. I have a paper due out soon calculating 1 X 10 to the power
19
freeliving nematodes on earth. This is the worlds most successful
animal.
Four out of ever five animals on Earth is a nematode worm (most of the
rest
are insects).
Speciartion is unknown but its somewhere between 1,000000 and 100,000000

(probably the former). I work on deep sea nems mostly - they are found
free-living from oceanic trenches to Mount Everest in sediments and
parasitise every other large plant and animal.
These are the Masters of the Universe.

Nematodes will feed on the body of the last dead man on earth.
John

> > > Head, Nematode Research Group
> >
> > Seems Beth has got competition in the alien biology department
>
>As he studies nematodes I'd say John's streets ahead in the "they're
out to
>get you and dominate the earth" category ;)
>
>Cheers
>
>Beth

Dr PJD Lambshead
Head, Nematode Research Group
Department of Zoology
The Natural History Museum
London SW7 5BD, UK.
Tel +44 (0)20 7942 5032
Fax +44 (0)20 7942 5433
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/home/lambshead.htm
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/nematode/index.html

What a wonderful thing is the cat! on making it God said "That's that!
Supurrnatural selection has brought us purrfection -
which is a great relief to Me after My earlier mistake with the nematode
worm
(Rowena Sommerville)

Prev: Re: Planets Next: RE: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers