Prev: Re: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers Next: Re: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers

Re: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers

From: David Brewer <davidbrewer@b...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:48:10 +0000
Subject: Re: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers

KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de wrote:

> DAWGFACE47@webtv.net schrieb:
> > BUGS, AS MOST  FOLKS  VIEW THEM NOW,  CAN TRACE THEIR
> > ORIGIINS TO "ARMOR"  AND TO THE MOVIE "STARSHIP TROOPERS".
>
> I think the "bugs" idea goes back further than the movie "Starship
> Troopers". The GW Tyranids are defintiely earlier. They, in turn, seem
> to owe much to "Alien" (late 1970's) .

More to "Aliens" than to "Alien" I would think.

It is said that the original playtest set of Space Hulk had a
token marked "CLG", standing for "Cute Little Girl".

--
David Brewer

"It is foolishness and endless trouble to cast a stone at every

Prev: Re: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers Next: Re: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers