Prev: Re: Things that make you go "Ummmm." Next: [FT/DS] New Bug Spaceship

RE: Re: Thanks

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:33:23 +0000
Subject: RE: Re: Thanks

>>3) Beth: Men have many weak points. I can
>>imagine many a human Captain, upon sighting a
>>Phalon fleet, feeling extremely inadequate. The
>>phrase "Phalon Construct" takes on a whole
>>new meaning.....
>

>In fact, the Ph miniatures are built to drawings..including
>measurements...provided by the Phalons.  Accuracy of same...well,
there's
>a reason we regard Phalons as untrustworthy:
>
>"This is Captain Liiar of the Phalon SDN Maacho."
>"SDN?	Nonsense, from its size, it's a battlecruiser."
>"No, I assure you it's a SDN"
>"What?  It's not big enough."
>"Trust me, it's ten phuul from bow to stern."
>etc

There's the old joke/apocryphal story (depending on where you hear it)
of
the US Military in the 50s or 60s trying to score a psychological point
over the Russkies in the Cold War by ordering one million condoms for
the
US Army from a Russian rubber manufacturer - the order specifies all to
be
in "size 12 inch".

The Russian plant fulfils the order, shipping all one million off in
crates
labelled "Medium".......

;-)

(OK, so you've all heard it before....)