Prev: Re: M-3 SMG? Next: Re: [SG] Boarding Party Considerations

Re: [FT] Multimode fighters (was IJN Designs?)

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 22:35:29 EST
Subject: Re: [FT] Multimode fighters (was IJN Designs?)

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002 13:18:26 +0000 Roger Burton West
<roger@firedrake.org>
writes:
>On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 11:36:44PM -0500, Glenn M Wilson wrote:
>>Much much better.  But a maximum of three on any one system (FCS,
>turret,
>>engine) due to [PSB alert] spacing considerations on the ship's
>surface?
>
>Works for me. How about PDS vulnerability? That's my principal concern
>at this point - it'll be tricky to resolve, with the die roll
>modifiers.

Wow, that might be tough without getting too 'nit-picky' about where the
PDS are mounted (if they are) and where on the	hull the fighters
land...

Okay, Kiss/first try.  Attacking a PDS (which might be a high priority
since they should be able to sweep you off the hull given a chance)
would
be different but for all other surface weaponry:

Attacks resolved as usual; if unsuccessful PDS gets a shot at 'grounded
fighters' - 5 hits (no re-rolls,) 6 causes hit and  causes the fighters
to check morale and if failed to break off (depart the hull.)  If
successful (draws attention of crew to presence/location - PDS fires and
6 kills, 4 or 5 causes fighters to check morale and if failed depart the
hull ("too D*** close".)

Attacking PDS - a dangerous practice - (first round) PDS gets free fire:
5 or 6 hits one fighter, with 6 additionally forcing morale check (as
fighter morale) for grounded fighters.	(all other rounds) -  fighters
attack first but surviving PDS get free fire with 4 being 1 kill, 5 is
two kills (if 2+ attacking) and 6 doesn't kill but causes fighters to
check morale.

Sloppy but it is just a draft idea.  Or was that daft?

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: M-3 SMG? Next: Re: [SG] Boarding Party Considerations