Prev: Re: New Wave Reliability; was New Wave... Next: Re: [SG] Infantry Support Weapons

Re: [SG] Boarding Party Considerations

From: "Neil" <rppl@p...>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 19:31:35 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG] Boarding Party Considerations

> There's 31 "Other"--sickbay orderlies, auxiliary craft
> crew, galley staff, and general flunkies.  WTF are
> they doing during a battle?  I don't know.  We have
> any former/current aquatic-type people who can tell me
> what these people are doing?	They aren't manning
> secondary weaponry, or doing DC, so what do they do?
> I mean, I can assume the sickbay types are patching up
> wounded as they come in, but what about everyone else?

I just finished serving on a destroyer and it worked like this,
 The spare and off watch engineering types would form damage control
parties

The logistic types (cooks,supply, clerks) would form the casualty
clearing
parties.

The off-watch operation room types and anyone else that did not have a
specific job would form a manning pool that would supplement the damage
control parties as required.

one thing that should be remembered is that most ships will have at
least
twice as many people as there are positions to man because while one
group
is manning the ship during normal sailing the other would be sleeping

Prev: Re: New Wave Reliability; was New Wave... Next: Re: [SG] Infantry Support Weapons