Prev: PDWs Next: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

gas giants

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 05:38:55 -0500
Subject: gas giants

Let me put it another way (than my prior
Jupiter-esque question):

1) What is a reasonable guess of core radius
and edge of atmosphere radius (if we assume
140K km for Jupiter, 7" to edge of
atmosphere.... but how much is core?).

2) What is the surface gravity of Jupiter guessed
to be?

3) Would there be any combat possible in the
atmosphere or would sensors and such
effectively be blind? Would beams be diffused
so much as to make them useless? Torpedos?
K-guns? SMRs? Fighters? How would the gas
giant atmosphere (and any gravity issues)
affect them? Thoughts?

Tomb.

PS - B2B --> No, there will be no obelisks. Hal
says so.

Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site
"In God We Trust... on Cold Steel We Depend."

Prev: PDWs Next: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[