Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: PDWs

Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 02:59:49 -0500
Subject: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

At 7:13 PM -0800 2/1/02, John Atkinson wrote:
>--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> > Likely folks are supposed to keep their M-4s. This
> > would replace the
> > full M-4 set with the underslung M203.
>
>No, it's supposed to replace the M-16.  The M-4 is not
>in use as the primary weapon except in SOF units.

Ok, sorry, M203 rifle combo arms. ie

>Assuming your laser, your computer, and your
>high-speed ninja electronics fuze all three work.

Hmm. Copperhead. Hellfire. MFSS. Javelin. AN/TVQ-2. Things are
getting more sophisticated. Mortar rounds are getting even more high
tech. I'm sure some folks were saying the same thing about the US's
first Proximity Fuzed anti-aircraft rounds in WWII. "You mean this
fancy doo dad is going to know when to explode next to one o' them
nazi planes???	 Sheeeit..."

>I don't want the infantry to debus.  I want it to stay
>in the back of it's track where I can kill the track
>and the whole squad with 1 well-placed AT-4.

*shrug*  If you really don't want light anti-armor capability in your
weapon fine. Do you also not want the ability to reach behind cover?

--
Ryan Gill	  |	   |	     rmgill@mindspring.com
		  |	   |

Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: PDWs