Prev: Re: [FT] Multimode fighters (was IJN Designs?) Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

Re: Idiots that run off at the mouth withou actually having a clue.

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 02:38:47 -0500
Subject: Re: Idiots that run off at the mouth withou actually having a clue.

At 6:58 PM -0800 2/1/02, John Atkinson wrote:

>If you actually were in the military and actually did
>drive a truck, you'd find yourself about neck deep in

Gee John sorry I don't fit your mould.

But I have to point out that in spite of your best experiences in
Kosovo, there are privates that do this and there are NCOs that
aren't up to par. The general gist is that the PDW is meant to be
compact and replace the need for pistols and full length rifles for
the REMFs.

The PDW concept also work great for Armor crew given their typically
compact enclosures they run around it. Ballistics folks seem to think
that something along the lines of 5.7x28mm is far better than a M3
Grease gun or some other pistol based cartridge that has trouble
penetrating a PASGT vest, let alone hard cover.

--
Ryan Gill	  |	   |	     rmgill@mindspring.com
		  |	   |

Prev: Re: [FT] Multimode fighters (was IJN Designs?) Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON