Prev: Re: Smoke from above was Re: DS2 Duh on Aerospace/VTOL Design Next: Re: [OT]GZG HotBox Cookbook

Re: DS2 Duh on Aerospace/VTOL Design

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:00:02 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: DS2 Duh on Aerospace/VTOL Design

--- Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com> wrote:

> The question came up with a VTOL Size 2 design
> SLAM/3 (Fixed so 6 cap and
> a DFO cap 4,

Perfectly orthodox.  Not my choice--using DFOs blows
part of the point of VTOLs, but that's your problem.

followed by a munchkinist attempt to
> fit multiple SLAm/3's
> on a larger system (to vehicle size max) *plus* a
> DFO, IIRC.  "But in
> says 'also' type argument."

That would be pretty much impossible.  SLAM/3 requires
size 6.  Each size class allows 5 capacity points
each.  So your size 4 VTOL can only have 3 SLAM/3s,
and has only 2 size points left.  Etc, etc.

But using 4 SLAM/2s (which is pretty pointless, they
are too small to kill anything dangerous) on a size 4
vehicle, plus a DFO fits onto a vehicle.  This is
illegal, as page 11 states "No vehicle may be fitted
with more weapon systems than its basic size class;
thus a class-3 vehicle could carry no more than three
weapons systems.  Multiple mounts count every barrel
towards this limit, and a Point-defense system counts
towards the total as well.  The only weapon NOT
counted in this total is a single APSW, as below:"  So
the DFO counts, and your associate is a little turd
for trying to break the rules.

> Never thought of oversize aerospace or VTOL
> vehicles.... Can you do that?
>   Better reread rules.

Page 15 states "Oversize vehicles may in general use
whatever mobility type is desired."  I mean, how else
do you explain the B-52?

John

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

Prev: Re: Smoke from above was Re: DS2 Duh on Aerospace/VTOL Design Next: Re: [OT]GZG HotBox Cookbook