Prev: Re: [FT] Needle fleet now Cthulhu... and way OT. Next: Re: Nanotechnology [OT]

Re: Nanotechnology [increasingly OT]

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 17:39:11 +0100 (MET)
Subject: Re: Nanotechnology [increasingly OT]

Shig the Unmentionable schrieb:
> fog, maybe a 30-meter-radius sphere of it....
> that's thirty meters of material that can
> become harder than steel instantaneously, surrounding you
> on all sides.

Probably pretty hard to breathe inside it at that moment...

> Mind you, this is purely speculation on my part.  I
> imagine even the experts will have a hard time saying for
> certain what utility fog will or won't be capable of doing
> And not being any sort of expert myself, I'm not going to
> argue what will and will not be possible

Exactly. At this level of human knowledge and this level of postulated
capabilities, a discussion on the powers of magic wands is equally
realistic
;-)

> My point throughout this thread is that nanotechnology, as most of
the experts > describe it, is outside the scope of GZG's games; you'd
be better off using
> Champions or something like that.

My impression is that most of those "experts" are academics hunting for
attention and research money.

Greetings

Prev: Re: [FT] Needle fleet now Cthulhu... and way OT. Next: Re: Nanotechnology [OT]