Prev: Laserlight Next: Re: Nanotechnology [increasingly OT]

Re: [FT] Needle fleet now Cthulhu... and way OT.

From: johncrim@v...
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:27:36 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Needle fleet now Cthulhu... and way OT.

> Alan and Carmel Brain wrote:
> >
> > From: "David Brewer" <david@brewer.to>
> >
> > > There was once a Great Cthulhu that went with a line of Cthulhu
> > > miniatures. It was supposedly a 25mm range, but in this case it
> > > really was more like 1/300th... a 25mm Cthulhu would be vast.
> >
> > Yes, I have one. 25mm? Well, the cover art shows it picking up
> > a small steamer... I'd say it's about the same scale as the
> > GZG FT range.
>
> I think that artwork is little exaggerated. A steamer should be
> able to successfully run Cthulhu over.
>
> "There was a mighty eddying and foaming in the noisome brine, and
> as the steam mounted higher and higher the brave Norwegian drove
> his vessel head on against the pursuing jelly which rose above the
> unclean froth like the stern of a demon galleon. The awful
> squid-head with writhing feelers came nearly up to the bowsprit of
> the sturdy yacht, but Johansen drove on relentlessly." (The Call
> of Cthulhu.)
>
> For FT, I think Azathoth would be a more likely belligerent...

Plus, I believe that his loathsome spawn tend to wander randomly
throughout the universe.
Some of them would be the right size for FT, too.

And I seem to remember something about some kind of living planet, too.
Another
interesting bit of terrain to create!  I'd feel horribly tempted to use
some of those
really creepy doll's eyes that you can find in crafty stores.

If I had any kind of mechancial or electrical skills, I'd hook 'em to a
battery somehow,
and make 'em blink at random intervals.  Now *that'd* be cool!

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim

      http://www.voicenet.com/webmail/

Prev: Laserlight Next: Re: Nanotechnology [increasingly OT]