Prev: Re: SG: Kit-bashing Toys Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] GZG new stuff - WITH PICTURES!

Re: Walkers

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 08:25:52 +1300
Subject: Re: Walkers

Iain wrote:
> I was watching TV last night and there was a discussion on robots and
how
to make them walk. It turned out that it was *easier to programme* a
2-legged robot than a 4-legged (or more) as the complexity of multiple
legs
was a more difficult programming task.	Not 100% convinced myself, but
they
were demonstrating a 2-legged robot.

Several years ago, I remember seeing on a TV Documentary a tethered
Pogo-stick-like hopping robot that could move around (to the limit of
it's
power and communications cable) quite easily. So I think that multiple
legs
do add to the difficulty.

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169 http://valley.150m.com/
-><-

Prev: Re: SG: Kit-bashing Toys Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] GZG new stuff - WITH PICTURES!