Prev: Re: SG: Kit-bashing Toys Next: Re: Walkers

Re: SG: Kit-bashing Toys

From: johncrim@v...
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 13:33:29 -0500
Subject: Re: SG: Kit-bashing Toys

> > I was just wondering if anyone had kit-bashed toy cars before, the
die-cast
> > kind, and if there were any tricks to getting the new parts to stick
to the
> > toy - does superglue work, or no, and if not, what?  Any input would
be
> > appreciated.  I still haven't decided what I'd do with it - leave it

> > wheeled, or turn it into a VTOL or GEV.

I've used Superglue in the past without any problems, although you might
need to rough up
the paint a lttle bit to get a better bond.  Epoxy should definately do
the trick, and is
nice and strong to boot.

And speaking of toys, I stumbled across this page this morning...

http://karimnassar.com/pallas_spaceworks/catalog.html

..and have to admit that I think that it’s pretty darned neat.	You can
do some amazing
things with Lego, although the spaceships that *I* used to build were
nowhere near so
sophisticated.	This is stuff that I’d cheerfully game with -- the scale
should even be
more-or-less correct for 25mm/28mm.

I know that there’s a Lego Battletech site somewhere on the web, and
I’ve seen a page with
Ogre miniatures made out of Lego, so who knows what else is possible?
Makes me glad that
I'm getting my wife some Harry Potter Lego sets for Christmas this year
-- I'll have to
borrow some pieces and see what I can do!

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim

      http://www.voicenet.com/webmail/

Prev: Re: SG: Kit-bashing Toys Next: Re: Walkers