Prev: Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers) Next: Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

Re: Prospective Novice

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 18:52:51 GMT
Subject: Re: Prospective Novice

In message <3BE7624F.68D3F52A@spikyfishthing.com>
	  Jaime Tiampo <fugu@spikyfishthing.com> wrote:

> Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
>
> > Tactics/speeds will depend on which vector (FB1 or FB2) you're using
though.
> > FB1 vector allows you to play at 6x thrust with confidence, but FB2
vector
> > reins you in to about 4x thrust. And I'm speaking as the FSE here -
>
> I'd like to see your reasoning on this. The only changes to vector was
> limiting the amout of thrust in pushes.

[snip]

> Jaime

Actually, I think the change was rather more than just that:

FB1: The available thrust for main drive and manouvres were treated
seperately, so, for example, a MD4 ship could accellerate by 4,
_as_well_as_ performing a facing change to any heading _and_ applying a
1 point thruster push.

FB2: All accelleration and manouvres are 'paid for' by the ships thrust
rating, thus an MD4 ship could turn to a new facing, apply a 2-point
main drive burn, and then change facing again.

Quite a big change I think!

Charles