Prev: Re: Part 2A of Why.... Next: Re: House rules

Re: Part 2B of Why...

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 15:58:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Part 2B of Why...

--- Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com> wrote:

> I especially liked the Light Recon Size 2 AFV with a
> DFFG/2 Main Gun for > close up work and a Size 2 HEL
CoAx for LR 'sniping'> work and > anti-infantry use.
Cheap, good for screening, > capable of killing
> infantry at 36" and useful for hunting APC's
> attempting an assault.

Hrm. . . Not bad.  I'd want to engage it past the
DFFG's range.  I wonder how it would fare against an
Imperial cavalry unit with size 2 Light Tanks with
size 3 HKPs (or MDCs, if you've merited Tagmatic
intervention).	You have slightly better range, but my
ability to kill you a medium range is far superior and
I've yet to see a game board that had so little
terrain as to not let me maneuver that close.  I clean
up against infantry in close range, since I can mount
2 APSWs.  Against GMS-teams, you'd do better.  But my
recon units know better than to argue with with dug-in
infantry units in the first place.  :)

John

Prev: Re: Part 2A of Why.... Next: Re: House rules