Prev: Re: Part 1 of Just why would you use mixed turrets? Next: Re: Part 2B of Why...

Re: Part 2A of Why....

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 15:49:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Part 2A of Why....

--- Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com> wrote:
> Okay, back to our reasons:

> to from what I see in the rules) it seemed a good
> possible choice because > A) you can't have Reactive
(The GMS/H bane) and > Ablative Armor (The HEL
> bane) on the same vehicle, B) GMS/H has one range
> (48" - average), It has > a good chit range (R+Y)
for all but Reactive armor > (see above) and it has
> very good damage (5 chits).	 For a size 2 AFV a
> MDC/2 is a good > alternate choice but that is an
aside for now...

For light vehicles, I do like GMS/Hs.  For MBTs, they
are not reliable enough (too easy to counter with
ECM/PDS combination).  More efficient is multiple GMS
mounts--they won't likely jam/shoot down them all.

> was outside of my original conception and uses 6
> critical capacity > points!

As well as requiring your main gun to be size 3 or
bigger, bringing you to a total of 15 capacity points,
or a size 4 vehicle (yeah, could shoehorn into a size
3, but with no PDS).

John

Prev: Re: Part 1 of Just why would you use mixed turrets? Next: Re: Part 2B of Why...